From our partner GUNSWEEK.com by Pierangelo Tendas – 21.12.2016
- Press release of the European Commission
- European Parliament and “aggressive gun lobby” watered down the proposal
- Update 25.01.2017: Trilogue’s outcome now published: LINK
- Next steps by EU in February and March
- Letter of FIREARMS UNITED to Frans Timmermans, First Vice President of COM
- Next steps by FIREARMS UNITED
A press release of the European Commission announced the end of the trilogue concerning the amendment proposal to the European firearms directive – now infamously known as the “EU Gun Ban”
With a press release launched yesterday, December 20th, the European Commission announced the conclusion of the trilogue concerning the amendment proposals to the European firearms directive – a dossier now infamously known, and aptly so, as the EU Gun Ban.
First introduced by the European Commission in November 2015, after the bloody terror attacks in Paris, the dossier originally included draconian restrictions aimed at law-abiding, legal gun owners, which included a full ban on high capacity fixed or detachable magazines for all firearms, a total ban on private ownership of modern hunting and sporting guns aesthetically and only partially technically patterned after modern military firearms, and many more.