Conservative MEP Christofer Fjellner from Sweden found the right words.
Snippets of his speech:
- Instead of getting to the real problem with illegal guns all of the proposal hits the legal guns and has no impact on terrorists or criminals at all.
- 5-years-licenses, medical exams, hindering distance trade and banning certain semi-automatics won’t stop terrorists but hit hard the law abiding gunowners
- How many crimes could be linked to legally-held firearms? How big is the problem?
- How many firearms were affected by the ban? How many will be banned?
- If Commission cannot answer these both simple question, we should reject proposal.
- You missed the target (illicit trafficking) by miles!
Read more of Commissioner’s speech: FACE: Commissioner Bieńkowska’s 100.000 deaths unfounded